DRC Services and Accommodations
The Disability Resource Center provides information and support services to Cal Poly students with permanent and temporary disabilities.
Once incoming students have provided current disability verification to the DRC office, they will be scheduled for an individual intake appointment with a DRC Access Specialist. During this appointment, appropriate support services will be discussed and authorized, based on the current functional limitations that may result from the disability. Policies for the provision of support services are available in writing and may be referenced from this site.
Students can now review their accommodation plan and make alternative media, notetaking, and test requests online by logging into the My Cal Poly Portal and clicking on the Student Accommodations link. For more information, visit the DRC Online Portal webpage.
Available DRC Services and Accommodations:
- Alternative Media -- MAKE REQUESTS ONLINE!
- Assistive Technology
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Classroom Furniture
- Disability Management
- Housing Needs
- Meal Plan (Campus Dining)
- On-Campus Transportation
- Special Exception Registration
- Reduced Course Load
- Sign Language Interpreters -- MAKE REQUESTS ONLINE!
- Test Accommodations -- MAKE REQUESTS ONLINE!
- Temporary Services -- forms
- Transcription (Speech-to-Text) -- MAKE REQUESTS ONLINE!
Service Process and Responsibilities indicate the responsibilities of both DRC students and the Disability Resource Center.
Location: Bldg 124 (Student Services, across from Spanos Stadium)