'Disability Tapas' Offered Every Wednesday
Disabilities come in many different forms and can vary greatly. Join the Disability Resource Center (DRC) for some snack-size information and interactive discussions on a variety of disability-related topics.
Presentations are geared toward faculty and staff (students are also welcome), and offered every Wednesday, 11:10AM-12PM, in Building 124 (Student Services), Room 224, (or attend via Zoom https://calpoly.zoom.us/j/631092891).
- Sept. 25th - Supporting Students with Psychological Disabilities
- Oct. 16th - Access Needs for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students
- Oct. 23rd - ADA/504 Accommodations: Equitable Access & Legal Considerations
- Oct. 30th - Supporting Students with Autism
- Nov. 6th - Assistive Technology in the Classroom: Getting Good Grades with Gadgets
- Nov. 13th - Accessible Learning Spaces: Addressing Mobility & Visual Access Needs
- Nov. 20th - Supporting Students with ADHD
- Dec. 4th - Supporting Students with Traumatic Brain Injury and Post-Concussive Syndrome
Download our Disability Tapas flyer for Fall quarter and help us advertise the presentations in your area.
Recordings of Previous Disability Tapas presentations:
- Supporting Students with Autism (5/9/19)
- Supporting Students with Psychological Disabilities (5/30/19)
- Access Needs for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students (4/11/19)
- Supporting Students with ADHD (1/31/19)
- Supporting Students with Traumatic Brain Injury and Post-Concussive Syndrome (3/14/19)
- Accessible Learning Spaces: Addressing Mobility & Visual Access Needs (2/21/19)
- ADA/504 Accommodations: Equitable Access & Legal Considerations (2/14/19)
For more information and to request accommodations (e.g., ASL interpreter, assistive listening system, audio description of slides), contact the Disability Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 6-1395. We welcome any ideas and suggestions you have for future presentation topics.
Location: Bldg 124 (Student Services, across from Spanos Stadium)