'Disability Tapas' Offered Every Thursday
Disabilities come in many different forms and can vary greatly. Join the Disability Resource Center (DRC) for some snack-size information and interactive discussions on a variety of disability-related topics.
Presentations are geared toward faculty and staff (students are welcome), and offered every Thursday from 11:10 a.m. to 12:00 pm via Zoom at https://calpoly.zoom.us/j/491400215. For guidance on how to attend via Zoom, please visit Join a Zoom Meeting).
- Jan. 7: Introduction to Disability Resource Center (DRC) Services.
- Jan. 14: The “Why” and “DIY” of Video Captioning (1.5 hours).
- Jan. 21: From Disability Rights to Disability Justice.
- Jan. 28: Understanding Chronic Invisible Illness.
- Feb. 4: Supporting Students with ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder).
- Feb. 11: Introduction to Disability Allyship (part of CLA’s Social Justice Teach In).
- Feb. 18: Social Media: Guidance for Posting Accessible Content and Positive Disability Messages.
- Feb. 25: Supporting Veterans with Disabilities.
- Mar. 4: Supporting Students with Learning Disabilities.
- Mar. 11: Supporting Students with Autism.
Download our Winter 2021 Disability Tapas flyer and share it with others.
For more information and to request accommodations (e.g., ASL interpreter, assistive listening system, audio description of slides), contact the Disability Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 6-1395. We welcome any ideas and suggestions you have for future presentation topics.
Recordings of Previous Disability Tapas presentations:
- How to be a Disability Ally - Strategies for Identifying & Addressing Ableism (5/13/20)
- Supporting Students with Traumatic Brain Injuries & Post-Concussive Symptoms (5/6/20)
- Understanding Chronic Invisible Illness (4/29/20)
- Accessible Events & Programs: Tips for Inclusive Experiences (4/22/20)
- Supporting Students with ADHD (4/15/20)
- Supporting Students with Autism (3/11/20)
- Supporting Students with Autism (5/9/19)
- Supporting Students with Psychological Disabilities (5/30/19)
- Access Needs for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students (4/11/19)
- Supporting Students with ADHD (1/31/19)
- Supporting Students with Traumatic Brain Injury and Post-Concussive Syndrome (3/14/19)
- Accessible Learning Spaces: Addressing Mobility & Visual Access Needs (2/21/19)
- ADA/504 Accommodations: Equitable Access & Legal Considerations (2/14/19)
Recordings of other disability-related presentations:
Location: Bldg 124 (Student Services, across from Spanos Stadium)