'Disability Tapas' Offered Every Thursday
Disabilities come in many different forms and can vary greatly. Join the Disability Resource Center (DRC) for some snack-size information and interactive discussions on a variety of disability-related topics.
Presentations are geared toward faculty and staff and offered every Thursday, 11:10AM-12PM, in NEW LOCATION: Building 52, Room E26, (or attend via Zoom https://calpoly.zoom.us/j/519378172).
- Apr. 4th - Disability Stigma
- Apr. 11th - Access Needs for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students
- Apr. 18th - Assistive Technology in the classroom: Getting Good Grades with Gadgets
- Apr. 25th - Supporting Students with Autism
- May 2nd - Supporting Students with ADHD
- May 9th - Supporting Students with Autism
- May 16th - ADA/504 Accommodations: Equitable Access & Legal Considerations
- May 23rd - Accessible learning spaces: Addressing Mobility & Visual Access Needs
- May 30th - Supporting Students with Psychological Disabilities
- June 6th - Supporting Students with Traumatic Brain Injury and Post-Concussive Syndrome
Download our Disability Tapas flyer for Spring quarter and help us advertise the presentations in your area.
For more information and to request accommodations (e.g., ASL interpreter, assistive listening system, audio description of slides), contact the Disability Resource Center at email@example.com or ext. 6-1395. We welcome any ideas and suggestions you have for future presentation topics.
Location: Bldg 124 (Student Services, across from Spanos Stadium)