'Disability Tapas' Offered Every Wednesday
Disabilities come in many different forms and can vary greatly. Join the Disability Resource Center (DRC) for some snack-size information and interactive discussions on a variety of disability-related topics.
Presentations are geared toward faculty and staff (students are also welcome), and offered every Wednesday, 12:10-1:00 PM, in Building 124 (rooms listed below). Or attend via Zoom https://calpoly.zoom.us/j/960995088. For guidance on how to attend via Zoom, please visit Join a Zoom Meeting).
Although there will not be actual "tapas" available, we will have a good variety of chocolate!
- Jan. 15th - Understanding Invisible Chronic Illnesses (room 117)
- Jan. 22nd - Access Needs for Deaf & Hard of Hearing Students (room 117)
- Jan. 29th - Supporting Students with Traumatic Brain Injury and Post-Concussive Syndrome (room 224)
- Feb. 5th - Disability Accessibility & Inclusion Strategies for Events, Meetings, and More! (room 224)
- Feb. 12th - Supporting Students with ADHD (room 117)
- Feb. 19th - How to be a Disability Ally - Strategies for Identifying & Addressing Ableism (room 117)
- Feb. 26th - Supporting Students with Psychological Disabilities Part I (room 224)
- Mar. 4th - Supporting Students with Psychological Disabilities Part II (room 117)
- Mar. 11th - Supporting Students with Autism (room 117)
Download our Disability Tapas flyer for Winter quarter and help us advertise the presentations in your area.
Recordings of Previous Disability Tapas presentations:
- Supporting Students with Autism (5/9/19)
- Supporting Students with Psychological Disabilities (5/30/19)
- Access Needs for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students (4/11/19)
- Supporting Students with ADHD (1/31/19)
- Supporting Students with Traumatic Brain Injury and Post-Concussive Syndrome (3/14/19)
- Accessible Learning Spaces: Addressing Mobility & Visual Access Needs (2/21/19)
- ADA/504 Accommodations: Equitable Access & Legal Considerations (2/14/19)
For more information and to request accommodations (e.g., ASL interpreter, assistive listening system, audio description of slides), contact the Disability Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 6-1395. We welcome any ideas and suggestions you have for future presentation topics.
Location: Bldg 124 (Student Services, across from Spanos Stadium)