'Disability Tapas' Offered Every Thursday
Tapas, like disabilities, come in many different forms and can vary greatly. Join us for some snack-size information and interactive discussions on a variety of disability-related topics.
Presentations are geared toward faculty and staff (students are also welcome), and offered every Thursday, 11:10 AM - 12:00 PM, via Zoom https://calpoly.zoom.us/j/491400215. For guidance on how to attend via Zoom, please visit Join a Zoom Meeting).
- Sept. 17th - Supporting Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students during COVID
- Sept. 24th - Introduction to Disability Resource Center (DRC) Services
- Oct. 1st - How to be a Disability Ally - Strategies for Identifying & Addressing Ableism
- Oct. 8th - Understanding Chronic Invisible Illness
- Oct. 15h - Social Media: Guidance for Posting Accessible Content & Positive Disability Messages
- Oct. 22nd - Disability & Domestic Violence: Barriers to Disclosure & Strategies for Community Care
- Oct. 29th - Supporting Students with ADHD
- Nov. 5th - Supporting Students with Traumatic Brain Injury
- Nov. 12th - Accessibility Made Easy: Tech Tools & Tips to Try
- Nov. 19th - Supporting Students with Autism
Download our Fall 2020 Disability Tapas flyer and share it with others.
For more information and to request accommodations (e.g., ASL interpreter, assistive listening system, audio description of slides), contact the Disability Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 6-1395. We welcome any ideas and suggestions you have for future presentation topics.
Recordings of Previous Disability Tapas presentations:
- How to be a Disability Ally - Strategies for Identifying & Addressing Ableism (5/13/20)
- Supporting Students with Traumatic Brain Injuries & Post-Concussive Symptoms (5/6/20)
- Understanding Chronic Invisible Illness (4/29/20)
- Accessible Events & Programs: Tips for Inclusive Experiences (4/22/20)
- Supporting Students with ADHD (4/15/20)
- Supporting Students with Autism (3/11/20)
- Supporting Students with Autism (5/9/19)
- Supporting Students with Psychological Disabilities (5/30/19)
- Access Needs for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students (4/11/19)
- Supporting Students with ADHD (1/31/19)
- Supporting Students with Traumatic Brain Injury and Post-Concussive Syndrome (3/14/19)
- Accessible Learning Spaces: Addressing Mobility & Visual Access Needs (2/21/19)
- ADA/504 Accommodations: Equitable Access & Legal Considerations (2/14/19)
Location: Bldg 124 (Student Services, across from Spanos Stadium)