Disability Tapas (educational presentations)
Disabilities come in many different forms and can vary greatly. For some snack-size information and interactive discussions on a variety of disability-related topics, please register for our upcoming presentations (on Zoom) or view the recordings of past presentations below. The discussions will occur on Thursdays from 11:00-11:30 am via Zoom, unless otherwise specified.
Presentations are geared towards faculty, staff, and students, though some may be primarily geared towards faculty or students wherever indicated.
Fall 2023 Disability Tapas schedule: (Register at links below)
- September 21st - Testing Agreements 101
- October 19th - Due Date Extensions: How to Accommodate
- October 26th - DRC Basics
- November 2nd (11:00 am - 12:00 pm) - Getting Good Grades with Gadgets
- November 9th - Supporting Students with ADHD
Download the Disability Tapas Fall 2023 flyer to help the DRC spread the word about this presentation series.
Recordings of Previous Disability Tapas presentations:
- The Why and DIY of Video Captioning
- ADA and Section 504 Accommodations: Equitable Access and Legal Considerations
- How to be a Disability Ally - Strategies for Identifying & Addressing Ableism
- Supporting Students with Traumatic Brain Injuries & Post-Concussive Symptoms
- Understanding Chronic Invisible Illness
- Accessible Events & Programs: Tips for Inclusive Experiences
- Supporting Students with ADHD
- Supporting Students with Autism
- Supporting Students with Psychological Disabilities
- Access Needs for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students
- Accessible Learning Spaces: Addressing Mobility & Visual Access Needs
Recordings of other disability-related presentations:
Location: Bldg 124 (Student Services, across from Spanos Stadium)