DRC Services and Accommodations
The Disability Resource Center provides information and support services to Cal Poly students with permanent and temporary disabilities.
Once incoming students have provided current disability verification to the DRC office, they will be scheduled for an individual intake appointment with a DRC Access Specialist. During this appointment, appropriate support services will be discussed and authorized, based on the current functional limitations that may result from the disability. Policies for the provision of support services are available in writing and may be referenced from this site.
Students can review their accommodation plan and make alternative media, notetaking, and test requests online by logging into the My Cal Poly Portal and clicking on the Student Accommodations link. For more information, visit the DRC Online Portal webpage.
Available DRC Services and Accommodations (approval is determined after an individualized assessment):
- Alternative Media -- CURRENT STUDENTS REQUEST ONLINE!
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Assistive Technology
- Class Relocation to Accessible Space
- Classroom Furniture
- Disability Management
- Excused Absences
- Extended Due Dates
- Housing Needs
- Meal Plan (Campus Dining)
- Access to take notes via technology
- Audio/video recorded lectures
- Peer notetaker
- On-Campus Transportation
- Reduced Course Load
- Sign Language Interpreters -- CURRENT STUDENTS REQUEST ONLINE!
- Special Exception Registration
- Temporary Services (e.g., sprained ankle, mononucleosis) -- forms
- Test Accommodations -- CURRENT STUDENTS REQUEST ONLINE!
- Dictation software during exams
- Extended testing time
- Read aloud software
- Scribe for test responses
- Sit/stand desk
- Spell check
- Wheelchair accessible desk
- Transcription (Speech-to-Text) -- CURRENT STUDENTS REQUEST ONLINE!
Students requesting accommodations for a standardized exam are encouraged to read through the specific documentation requirements. Below is a non-extensive list of common standardized exams:
Service Process and Responsibilities indicate the responsibilities of both DRC students and the Disability Resource Center.
Location: Bldg 124 (Student Services, across from Spanos Stadium)