On Campus Transportation
- Process and Responsibilities
- Tram Stop Map
- On Campus Transportation Ride Schedule
- Off Campus Transportation
The Disability Resource Center (DRC) of Cal Poly provides on-campus transportation service to eligible students registered with our office. Tram/van service is available to students with permanent or temporary mobility impairments. The service operates between the hours of 7:45 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. (top)
For rides during the Fall, Winter, and Spring Quarters, Sunday through Thursday between the hours of 7 PM and midnight, the UPD Escort Van Service will pick you up at the following locations:
University Police offers an on campus safety walking escort on Friday and Saturday evenings from 8 PM - 2 AM. Students, faculty, and staff requesting an escort on campus can call (805) 756-7837 and Mustang Patrol will walk you to your on-campus destination or your vehicle
- Verify disability with the DRC before rides can begin
- Complete Temporary Student Application for Services
- Provide medical documentation from your physician
- Review safety training with your tram driver before rides can begin
- Obey California state laws requiring the use of safety belts
- Regularly scheduled riders: complete a quarterly tram schedule
- On-call riders: Call 756-6184 as much in advance as possible
- Note: scheduled riders have priority over call-in riders
- Notify the DRC if there are any changes in scheduled pick-up times or locations, or to cancel a ride.
No Show Policies
- A “No-show” will cancel all of the day’s scheduled rides unless student contacts DRC.
- Two consecutive “no-shows” will terminate tram services until student meets or speaks with a DRC professional staff member.
- Driver will wait no longer than two minutes beyond the scheduled pick-up time.
- Determine eligibility before service can begin
- Provide trained drivers and safe, well-maintained vehicles
- Pick up and drop off students at designated campus stops in a timely manner during operating hours
- Review state safety regulations and laws
Runabout Paratransit Service offers county-wide ADA paratransit services; vehicles are equiped with wheelchair lifts and can accommodate mobility aids. DRC Access Specialist, Jennifer Allen-Barker, can assist with completion of the Runabout Application, if needed, and she is qualified to complete the Medical Professional Certification potion (pg. 5) of the application. Please contact her for details: 756-0134, email@example.com
Location: Bldg 124 (Student Services, across from Spanos Stadium)