On Campus Transportation
- Process and Responsibilities
- Tram Stop Map
- On Campus Transportation Ride Schedule
- Off Campus Transportation
The Disability Resource Center (DRC) of Cal Poly provides on-campus transportation service to eligible students registered with our office. Tram/van service is available to students with permanent or temporary mobility impairments. During the summer, the service operates between the hours of 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. (top)
For rides during the Fall, Winter, and Spring Quarters, Sunday through Thursday between the hours of 7 PM and midnight, the UPD Escort Van Service will pick you up at the following locations:
University Police offers an on campus safety walking escort on Friday and Saturday evenings from 8 PM - 2 AM. Students, faculty, and staff requesting an escort on campus can call (805) 756-7837 and Mustang Patrol will walk you to your on-campus destination or your vehicle
- Verify disability with the DRC before rides can begin
- Complete Temporary Student Application for Services
- Provide medical documentation from your physician
- Review safety training with your tram driver before rides can begin
- Obey California state laws requiring the use of safety belts
- Regularly scheduled riders: complete a quarterly tram schedule
- On-call riders: Call 756-6184 as much in advance as possible
- Note: scheduled riders have priority over call-in riders
- Notify the DRC if there are any changes in scheduled pick-up times or locations, or to cancel a ride.
No Show Policies
- A “No-show” will cancel all of the day’s scheduled rides unless student contacts DRC.
- Two consecutive “no-shows” will terminate tram services until student meets or speaks with a DRC professional staff member.
- Driver will wait no longer than two minutes beyond the scheduled pick-up time.
- Determine eligibility before service can begin
- Provide trained drivers and safe, well-maintained vehicles
- Pick up and drop off students at designated campus stops in a timely manner during operating hours
- Review state safety regulations and laws
Runabout Paratransit Service offers county-wide ADA paratransit services; vehicles are equipped with wheelchair lifts and can accommodate mobility aids. Please contact the Disability Resource Center at 805-756-1395 for additional information.
Contact Debie McArdle (firstname.lastname@example.org ), Tram and Testing Coordinator, with any questions or concerns.
For tram rides (for DRC registered students) call 805-756-6184. (top)
Location: Bldg 124 (Student Services, across from Spanos Stadium)