DRC Testing Services: Processes and Responsibilities
To request service
- Meet with your instructors to discuss your accommodation plan.
- Check your syllabi early, and submit requests as soon as you know an exam is scheduled -- at least 7 full days in advance. If you have any questions or concerns about this, contact DRC Testing at email@example.com or 805-756-6087.
- Once our team has approved your exam request, your instructor will receive an email notification listing the exam date and time. IMPORTANT: Monitor the status of your request through the Student Accommodations Portal.
- Be aware the DRC Testing Team is approving your requests based on responses provided by your instructor on the Testing Agreement. The system will automatically approve requests that match your class meeting days and times. If you submit an exam request that is late or does not match your class meeting time, DRC staff will have to manually approve the request after receiving permission from your instructor.
- Talk to your Access Specialist if you or your instructor have any concerns about using the online system.
- Refer to the DRC Online Portal webpage for additional instructions on how to submit accommodation requests.
Upon arrival for your exam
- Be on time! Proctoring will end as indicated on the test form.
- Bring you photo ID. The proctor will attach it to your exam envelope and return it upon exam completion.
- Bring all approved exam tools and materials. The proctor will verify each item based on the Testing Agreement your professor provided.
- If you receive new information from your professor prior to the exam, the proctor will need written verification of the updated instructions. Be prepared to show proof to the proctor when you arrive (e.g. An email).
- Turn off your cell phone completely before check-in and be prepared to show it to the proctor. You will leave all personal belongings at the check-in station.
- Quiet snacks and drinks are allowed in the testing room.
- Provide student orientation on test procedures and instructions.
- Approve exam requests based on responses provided by instructors on the Testing Agreement.
- Follow up with professors who may need assistance with completing the Testing Agreement.
- Arrange for proctors, space, and requested accommodations.
- Return exams to department office within 48 hours (when applicable).
- Answer any questions and/or concerns students or instructors may have regarding testing procedures (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Regularly evaluate alternative testing services.
DRC Testing Services (Contact Information & Hours of Operation)
- Location: Bldg 124 (Student Services, across from Spanos Stadium)
- Testing Coordinator: Amy Gode (805-756-1399; email@example.com)
- Phone: 805-756-6087
- Fax: 805-756-5451
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Test Proctoring Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Location: Bldg 124 (Student Services, across from Spanos Stadium)