Become a Notetaker
The Disability Resource Center is always looking for Volunteer Notetakers. There are several ways to sign up.
The easiest way is to come into the Disability Resource Center and one of our notetaking staff will be happy to walk you through the process. It will only take about 10 minutes,
One of our fabulous staff members will come to you. Just call us at 805-756-5764 to set up when and where (on campus of course.)
- Download and fill out the highlighted portions of the Volunteer Identification Form and Limited Reporter Acknowledgment Form. Save the filled out forms and email them to email@example.com.
- Follow these instructions to log into the Student Accommodations portal from your Cal Poly portal (this is where you will be uploading your notes): Accessing the Student Accommodations Portal
- Sign up to be a notetaker.
- Once you are logged in, click on the “Notetaker” tab located at the top of the screen.
- Under the section “Request a Notetaking Assignment,” make sure the term is set to the appropriate quarter (you can use the drop-down menu if needed).
- Search for your class(es) or input CRN.
- You will be taken to a page that has the Notetaker Services Responsibilities. Please read through it carefully, and once you agree to the terms, enter your full name at the bottom of the form.
- Check the box next to your class and click "Submit Your Class Schedule"
- Ta-da! You are done.
As soon as we assign you as a notetaker, you will receive an email confirming the position. Please upload any notes you have from the first day of class. To support students in keeping up with the material, please try to upload within 24 hours of each class. If you run into any issues or if you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the DRC front desk at (805) 756-1395.
Thanks again for being a notetaker!
Location: Bldg 124 (Student Services, across from Spanos Stadium)