Text Message Notifications
What is Remind Text Messaging Service?
- Remind allows DRC staff to send one-way, group text messages to any students who choose to subscribe.
- The goal of these group text messages is to provide an easy, secure, and immediate way to get important information to students, besides email.
- These group text messages will contain DRC information about a variety of topics, such as upcoming DRC events, scholarship info, Alt Media, Testing, etc.
- You will receive no more than 1 text message per day from any of the DRC "classes" listed in the section below.
- You are not required to subscribe to these DRC text messages but it is STRONGLY encouraged. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- No one else will see any of your personal information (e.g., mobile phone #) in these text messages.
- DRC staff will only see your name when you subscribe to any of the text message classes listed in the section below.
How to subscribe to Remind Text Messages:
Text any of the following DRC "class" codes (e.g., @drcge) to this phone #: 81010. If 81010 doesn't work, try 805-328-6832. Alternatively, you can click the link to the left of each code to subscribe.
- DRC General: @drcge
- Alt Media: @drcaltm
- Livescribe: @drclive
- Notetaking: @drcnot
- Peer Mentor Program: @drcpm
- Priority Registration: @drcpr
- Technology: @drctec
- Testing: @drcte
- Tram: @drctra
Using the Remind app is optional. Listed below are links to download this free app to your smartphone:
You can pick up a free bookmark containing the information listed above at the DRC front desk or from your Access Specialist. For assistance, please contact John Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rita Gonzalez at email@example.com
Location: Bldg 124 (Student Services, across from Spanos Stadium)