Below are some additional campus resources that students may find useful:
Offers a wide variety of retention programs and campus support services including:
- Student Success Seminars*
- Online Study Skills Library available 24 hours a day
- Study Session Program
- Tutor Referral Service
*Note: Consider taking a Study Skills Inventory (Cook Counseling Center, Virginia Tech) to help determine the Study Skills Seminar/s that may be most useful to you.
Offers a particular kind of listening and an expertise in human development, along with strategies to support your personal, social, and emotional growth. Services are available to all currently enrolled students.
- California State Department of Rehabilitation provide services and advocacy that assist people with disabilities to live independently, become employed and have equality in the communities in which they live and work.
- Central Coast Assistive Technology Center solves challenges in employment, lifelong learning, productivity and independent living through the provision of assistive technology services and ergonomic training.
- San Luis Obispo County Mental Health offers mental health treatment services for our county’s youth, adults, and senior citizens and help with family, personal, or psychiatric issues, with clinics located in the North County, South County, and in San Luis Obispo.
- Runabout Paratransit Service offers county-wide ADA paratransit services. DRC Access Specialist, Jennifer Allen-Barker, can assist with completion of the Runabout Application, if needed, and she is qualified to complete the Medical Professional Certification portion (pg. 5) of the application. Please contact her for details: 756-0134, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disability Rights California works to advance the rights of Californians with disabilities.
Students seeking financial support should see our Scholarships Information for a partial list of disability-related resources.
Useful External Resources
The Disability Resource Center has compiled a list of useful External Internet Links to assist students in acquiring as much information as possible.